Building, Services & Property
The property was originally two lots (originally purchased from the village blacksmith (Robert Munn) and a donation from a neighboring farmer (McKay)). It has since been legally combined with additional allowances and re-surveyed to 136 ft. X 166 ft. (approx. 1/2-acre).
Property Taxes for 2020: $3,213.26. Dog license fees: first dog; $15. The second dog; $40, and the third is $75. Garbage Pick-up: Bins supplied by BRA ($110 annual charge on taxes),
The property is zoned AG4 (Agricultural - Small Holding).
The septic system (approx 17 yrs. old), is a Norweco Singulair 750 System with a raised bed.
This system is an environmentally friendly system - much better for the environment than traditional septic services.
The well is a 60 foot drilled and dug, shared well with well pump within the building.
Hydro services provided by Hydro One consist of a 400 ampere single phase service with 2 sub-panels (breezeway & pool house).
The entire service is protected by a "Whole-House" surge protection system. Hook-up for a whole house generator is also provided.
General lighting throughout the residence has been converted to energy efficient LED.
A 16 ft X 30 ft. in-ground, self-chlorinating, salt-water pool (propane heater) is surrounded by a generous concrete patio and wrought-iron fencing.
An outdoor shower is available (easily removed for winter storage) and a beautiful cedar lined, insulated pool-house can be used in the winter for a sauna or small hot-tub.
The fully insulated and finished 2 car garage (attached by a 30 ft. breezeway which overlooks the pool, also has a small back bay and overhead door to house a riding tractor.
All overhead doors are self-opening and closing. The garage has an area for a large shop and is both heated and air-conditioned. It also has a small wine/root cellar.
A second floor above the garage is configured as an apartment and makes an ideal granny-flat or an opportunity for rental income. It features central-air conditioning and a fire-place, a small eat-in kitchen and a 2-piece bathroom. The loft/apartment has a separate private entry.
Above the Breezeway is a 30 ft. deck protected by wind-breaks on two sides that overlooks the pool area and is accessible from the second floor (kitchen).
Other Features & Services
- Wired with CAT-5, video and phone cables.
- Video intercom/doorbell.
- Central air conditioning.
- Forced-air propane High-Efficiency furnace.
- Whole-House UV Water treatment system.
- R/O fitration system and water-softener.
- Iron fitration system.
- 1500 Sq Ft. attic storage area.
- 4798 Sq Ft. living area.
- Indoor pond in the breezeway.
- First floor partially enclosed walk-out patio.
- Total of 3 bathrooms.
- Total of 3 bedrooms.
- Total of 2 gas fireplaces.
- Total of 2 dishwashers.
- Massive laundry/hobby room.
- Huge recreation/family room.
- Unique office space in the church bell tower.
- Open concept kitchen with eat-in nook.
- Built-in Sub-Zero brand refrigerator.
- Granite kitchen counters and centre island.
- Custom-built kitchen cabinetry.
- Custom-designed kitchen by Acorn Kitchens.
- Open concept living/dining room.
- 1 inch thick hardwood maple floors.
- High-speed (50MB) Internet service available.
- Patio Chiminea on house propane system.
- Crown Verity Stainless Steel Outdoor BBQ.
- Large workshop area in the garage.
- Gigantic attic storage space.
- 4 camera video surveillance system with DVR.